Saturday, March 19, 2011

Bizarre State Laws ... Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana

I have this 10,000+ Cool Facts App on my iPhone, and every once in a while, the cool fact is some obscure and crazy state law like this:

In Kentucky, it is illegal to carry ice-cream in your back pocket.

The best part is wondering what in the world happened that necessitated this law to be created in the first place. Who carries ice cream in any pocket?? What kind of problem did it cause that required police intervention? Is it okay to carry it in your front pocket?

So I did some Googling and found these other interesting laws that are still on the books:

From Kentucky...
  • One may not dye a duckling blue and offer it for sale unless more than six are for sale at once.
  • Dogs may not molest cars.
  • A woman may not buy a hat without her husband’s permission.
From Ohio...
  • It is illegal to fish for whales on Sunday. (I'm not the best at geography... but I'm pretty sure there are NO oceans and therefore NO whales in Ohio!)
  • It is illegal to get a fish drunk.
  • Specific to Canton, OH: If one loses their pet tiger, they must notify the authorities within one hour.
From Indiana...
  • If any person has a puppet show, wire dancing or tumbling act in the state of Indiana and receives money for it, they will be fined $3 under the Act to Prevent Certain Immoral Practices.
  • One may not sniff glue.
  • Baths may not be taken between the months of October and March.

You know I'll be back with the crazy laws from other states soon... because I'm SURE there are others!

In the meantime, I'm staying clear of Indiana between October and March... PEEEEEE-U!!
;) Mags



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm a COMMENT hound... if you've read this, leave a note!